National Education Board (NEB) has introduced Technical education in plus two levels form 2015 AD. Currently Jana Bikash Secondary School has got affiliation to run Civil Engineering from Grade 8 to 12.
Civil Engineering technicians help civil engineers plan and design the construction of highways, bridges, utilities, and other major infrastructure projects. They also help with commercial, residential and land development.
The curriculum on civil engineering courses is designed as the continuation of curriculum of technical SEE with the purpose of Producing middle level technical workforce equipped with knowledge and skills related to the field of civil Engineering so as to meet the demand of such workforce in the country to contribute in the economic development of Nepal.
Since most of the basic as well as fundamental courses on civil engineering had already dealt in TSEE curriculum, this curriculum mainly emphasizes on specialized knowledge required for a middle level technician to fulfill demand of market. The additional specialized teaching schedule in this stream are managed within the overall curriculum structure of Secondary schooling (Grade 11 and 12) without impeding the vertical career path of the graduates.
Objective of Courses
After the completion of integrated courses from grade 9, 10, 11 and 12 the graduates will be able to perform the following job of an middle level technician:
Read and review project blueprints to determine dimensions of structures
- Confer with their supervisors about preparing plans and evaluating field conditions
- Inspect project sites and evaluate contractors’ work in order to detect problems with a design
- Test construction materials—especially concrete—and soil samples in laboratories
- Help to ensure that projects conform to design specifications and applicable codes
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installing systems and operating facilities
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data
Students will to enroll in grade 11 Vocational Subject Group (Civil Engineering) must score
- GPA: 1.6
- C in English, Science and Mathematics
- D+ in Social and Nepali
0.00 average based on 0 ratings
- Duration : 240 week
- Max Students : 1000
- Enrolled : 0
- Re-take Course : 0
- Assessments : Self